Sunday, September 21, 2008

Meet Wilbur




Hi my name is and Wilbur I adopted Nina and Teri in November of 2006 when I was 4 months old. I picked Nina and Teri for several reasons. One, I knew they could handle my high activity level, stubborness and moodiness. The other reason was because in September they had to put their their cat of 22 years Jeri to sleep. Jeri was an insulin dependant diabetic who required shots twice a day. She lived a very happy and healthy life even with the diabetes for her last 10 years. Jeri had gotten Nina through some tough times in her life and when Jeri was gone there was a big void. I thought this would be the perfect home for me and I am very happy. Jeri is pictured on the right.

I was born on July 25, 2006 to Kboo and Mbau when I came home on Nina's birthday. I weighed in at 11 pounds. I am *extremely* active and would much rather play than eat sometimes. I am left alone by them at times so I will relax and get the needed nutrition I need. On the left is a photo of me as a baby....wow look at those ears I am so glad Nina and Teri were able to see past my big ears.

3 comments:

Adrianne said...

Had forgotten I delivered him on Nina's birthday! He was such a good traveler. But I do remember the fantastic food you brought... Thank you. Maybe a Jets game to see Brett, and we can do that restaurant again.

Wilbur was one of five in Kboo's first litter -- four boys and one sweet girl -- all gorgeous, of course. And big. With big ears. And they're all spoiled, big time.

I need to update the AJSavannahs Testimonials page, to do them justice.

Glad you updated this for Wilbur and that Moja wasn't getting better press!

Unknown said...

Wilbur can be stubborn, but with me, his momma, he also has the sweet, loving side. He purrs when I talk to him, sleeps with me, always to my left, and likes to clean me thoroughly in the morning, along with cleaning his Moja.

He hisses as everyone other than me--but it's really just a game. If you ignore the hissing and keep playing, he'll play with you for HOURS.

Teri said...

Let us know we would love to have you over for some good food and you could see the kids in action.
Moja is 14.5 lbs. and Wilbur is still 16.5 lbs. she is catching up!